As in the rest of the world, Roland Garros has a huge following in Russia and Italy. They want to see their favorite player compete on clay. This is why they look forward to this event early each year. Additionally, there are many great tennis players from these countries who have won the French Open.
I will begin by talking about some famous tennis players from your country. Later in the article, I will discuss how to stream live the French Open in Russia and Italy. Former Russian tennis player Yevgeny Kafelnikov is a famous name. He won both the singles and doubles titles in 1996. During the 1997 and 2000 French Opens, he again claimed the men’s doubles title.
Anastasia Myskina, Svetlana Kuznetsova from Russia won the women’s singles title in 2004 and in 2009 respectively. The most famous player from Russia is Maria Sharapova. In 2012 and 2014, she won the Roland Garros title twice.
During the 1993 French Open, Russians Eugenia Maniokova and Andrei Olhovskiy earned the mixed doubles title.
Francesca Schiavone is an Italian tennis player, who won the women’s singles title in 2010 at Roland Garros.
Italian player Mara Santangelo with her Australian partner Alicia Molik was named the women’s doubles title in 2007. Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci both Italian partners won the women’s doubles in 2012.
We’ll talk about how to watch live coverage of the French Open in both countries now.
Watch French Open on your TV in Russia with Official Broadcasters
Eurosport is a Pan-European television sports network owned by Discovery. Channels are available in 54 countries and 20 different languages, providing viewers with access to European and international sporting events. Thanks to a partnership with Roland Garros, Europeans, Russians and Italians can watch the French Open live on television.
It has two TV channels that telecast the Roland Garros Events:
- Eurosport 1: The basic cable and satellite packages in Europe include Eurosport 1. It is currently broadcast in 21 languages. Its HD version is also available. Eurosport 1 broadcasts the French Open’s best matches of the day.
- Eurosport 2: This channel includes additional live sports events, programming, and news updates. At present it is available in 35 countries, broadcasting in 17 languages. Eurosport 2 HD version is also available. It broadcasts the French Open matches mostly featuring Spanish players.
How to watch the French Open in Italy and Russia online?
There are several ways you can stream the French Open online if you want to replace your cable subscription. These services are affordable and easy to find.
- Eurosport Player (Online streaming service of Eurosport)
- Use OTT services like: Sling TV, Peacock TV, YouTube TV, etc.
By using Eurosport Player, Internet users can watch Eurosport and Eurosport 2, along with additional coverage unavailable via broadcast. Eurosport Player is accessible through:
Eurosport Player broadcasts all live matches of the French Open. Eurosport Player’s monthly and annual passes are available.
Streaming Services to Watch French Open
Numerous streaming services are available with channels that broadcast Roland Garros live online. In addition, these services offer many other useful features like simultaneous streaming, DVR storage etc. With these services, you can watch live tennis matches on your smartphone, read tennis news, and view sports information. To use an OTT service, you need to sign up for a proper plan.
Tennis Channel is the best option if you love watching tennis on your phone and want to keep up with the latest tennis news. The best thing is that Tennis Channel is also an official partner of the Roland Garros events. Other options are ESPN and NBC sports. Online streaming services allow you to watch these channels via the Internet. That is what I will discuss.
Stream French Open with DirecTV Stream
Watch French Open in Russia and Italy on DirecTV Stream. It is a popular streaming service that also broadcasts in Italian. You will get the following benefits by subscribing to the DirecTV Stream Plan.
- ESPN, NBC sports and Tennis Channel are bundled together.
- Apps are available for iOS and Android devices.
- A lot of other entertainment, news and Kids channels are available. So, the whole family can enjoy.
- Allow simultaneous streaming.
Stream French Open with Sling TV on your Smartphone
With a Sling TV subscription, you will get the following benefits:
- ESPN, ESPN2 and beIN Sports are available in a single package named Sling Orange (Famous Package for sports lovers)
- Additionally, Tennis Channel is available through sports add-ons.
- DVR storage is available for recording
- Compatible to a wide range of devices
- Budget friendly
- Simultaneous streaming to multiple devices.
- A lot of entertainment, news, movies, Kids, and Lifestyle etc. channels are available.
- A 7-day trial period is available to test the services.
French Open with FuboTV
Among OTT services, FuboTV is particularly known for its sports programming. Apart from the number of sports channels, you will also get the following benefits with a FuboTV subscription.
- 4 different reasonable monthly subscription plans are obtainable.
- ESPN, FS1, NBC Sports are all available for tennis.
- Tennis Channel is also available through add-ons.
- Many other regional sports channels are included for sports fans.
- Compatibility with a wide range of SmartTV’s, AirPlays, Game Consoles, mobile phones and tablets etc., is possible.
- A 7-day trial period is available to test the services.
Watch Peacock TV Streaming for the French Open
Another option to access the French Open through streaming services is Peacock TV. As NBC’s Peacock TV is the official telecasting partner of the Roland Garros. The monthly subscription price is $4.99. Other NBC broadcasts are also accessible through Peacock TV. A wide range of entertainment and movie channels are also accessible with a Peacock TV subscription. The Peacock TV app is available for both iPhones and Android mobiles.
Geo-Blocking Limitation for Streaming Services
There is geo-blocking on Sling TV, FuboTV, Peacock TV, etc. Accessing these services elsewhere than the USA is not possible. In order to unblock these sites which, broadcast the French Open, you need a VPN. While choosing a VPN service, make sure your VPN has fast servers.
How does a VPN work
Using a VPN provides you with access to several online streaming services. It works by hiding your virtual address, which stores the location from which you’re connecting. By choosing this method, the streaming site only recognizes the virtual IP address of the VPN server you selected. So, you can access any of the streaming services easily.
Note: You should not violate the streaming site’s terms of service by using a VPN.
Our Recommendation for VPN
Choose ExpressVPN as our recommendation. This VPN is the most trusted for accessing any service. You can also install the VPN on your mobile device.
Why Express VPN
We recommend Express VPN for the following reasons:
- You can stream the French Open Roland-Garros on up to 5 devices simultaneously
- Support is available via live chat and email 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- A total of 150+ high-performance servers
- Uninterrupted Access to Services due to high speed servers
- Servers are located in more than 90 countries
- Offering a 30-day trial period with a full refund
How to Access French Open in Russia and Italy
Follow these simple steps and stream:
- Select a VPN with reliable servers. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- With the VPN, connect to the United States server.
- Go to the streaming service’s official site, login, choose a plan and watch!